Our West Houston, TX client is seeking a contract QA/QC Specialist.
This position will focus on two key areas: Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC). Typically, QA services incorporate the evaluation of contract technical terms, procedural support and internal/external audits to the business units. QC involves the inspection and verification, where applicable, of new equipment, owned equipment, rental tools and temporary equipment. Inspection and verification is controlled via SAP coding and Quality plans, which are approved and used to identify where key inspections are to be performed. Job Duties/Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Assists with internal/external audits in accordance with agreed audit schedule on behalf of the business units.
– Assists in coordination of inspections of new and repaired equipment with vendors, suppliers and supply management.
– Coordinates BHA and drill pipe inspections with vendors, suppliers and rig.
– Provides technical support as needed to assist with contract ITT preparation and QA evaluations on behalf of the business units.
– Supports Engineers and Operations to ensure compliance with QP’s and Inspection Test plans.
– Witness the stab up of wellhead, casing hanger and liner hanger running tools and plug set.
– Assists in non-conformance reporting, equipment failure investigations and corrective actions on equipment failures where they occur.
– Issues monthly report to QA/QC Manager summarizing involvement in QA/QC activities.
– Assists in dissemination of lessons learned through Drilling & Completions (D&C) organization
– Strives to create a safe workplace to protect both the environment and business assets and reputation.
– Provides QA/QC support of drilling/completions activities.
– Responsible for QA/QC data storage.
– Represents the Company at meetings with service providers and industry forums.
– Remains abreast of and, as appropriate, assists in implementation of new technology to reduce cost or risk, improve performance and/or increase value.
– Gathers and organizes information such as equipment specifications, technical publications, guidelines, and reports.
– Evaluates third-party standards for thoroughness and accuracy.
– Actively participates in cross-divisional and cross-discipline communities of practice and information exchange forums.
Risk and Cost Control Processes
– Ensures activities follow’s health, safety, environment and social responsibly (HSE&SR) policies and procedures with adherence to all Federal MMS regulations, as well as all state and additional federal regulatory agencies such as EPA, Corp of Engineers, USCG, etc.
– Ensures that service providers comply with company performance and HSE&SR standards.
Team Development Processes
– Interfaces with Supply Chain Services, Well Operations and Well Engineering departments on tendering awards, logistical support and SAP “Plan to Pay” processes. Education/Experience Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent professional certification required and a minimum of 10 years of well-rounded deepwater experience in a similar quality assurance role with an operator or major service vendor.
– Strong communication, organizational, leadership, integration, management and interpersonal skills required. Must have demonstrated effectiveness in problem solving in a team environment. Project management experience highly desired. Core Competencies Adaptability/Managing Change: Ability to embrace new technologies, meet emerging market demands, respond effectively to changing conditions, apply continuous improvement techniques and create new business opportunities.
Teamwork: Knowledge, skill and ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Communication: Ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles; ability to secure information, listen effectively and get messages across that have the desired effect.
Technical/Operating Skills: Possession of appropriate technical and operational knowledge, skills and experience to ensure performance at a high level of accomplishment.
Initiative: Think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and generates required steps to ensure success.
Please visit us on the web at http://www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, which include locations in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of http://www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out http://www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.