Our La Porte, TX client is seeking a Design/ Mechanical Engineer.
Provides support for the HSC Packaging operations and Field Engineering. Assists in the design of centrifugal pump components and equipment. Prepares basic design studies, calculations, drawings, Bills of Materials, and other engineering documents in accordance with customer requirements and department policies and procedures.
- Prepares engineering details and drawings using CAD, Bills of Materials and engineering specifications to enable the complete manufacturing of pump products
- Performs designs and layouts of standardized pump components, assemblies and equipment
- Reads and interprets drawings, specifications, procedures and related materials
- Performs engineering review of all OEP’s, customer orders and specifications
- Manages all order software requirements, to include drawing submittals and IOMs.
- Performs design calculations to validate design layouts
- Participates in administrative functions of the department, including order and design review meetings, processing of FEAR’s
- Adheres to company and department policies, procedures, and standards
- Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide EHS Management System which includes following all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Supports and cooperates in company-wide Quality Management effort.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field preferred; equivalent education and work related experience will be considered.
- Minimum five years experience in the design of rotating equipment packages or closely related experience is required.
- Good computer skills, mechanical drafting skills using CAD required.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Very organized with proven ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, deadline driven environment required.
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, which include locations in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.