Our Fort Lauderdale, FL based client is looking for a Elevator Service Repair Field Superintendent.
- The Field Superintendent is responsible for the installation of new construction and modernization projects as well as the servicing and repair of all assigned units so as to conform to customer and Company requirements as related to quality improvement, safety, cost improvement and customer satisfaction in support of Region objectives. He is also responsible for employee selection, training and safety for all assigned projects.
Essential Functions: (In order of importance, including only usual duties and responsibilities.)
- Assure that each installation project meets Region and Company quality standards and meets all contract requirements.
- Monitor job completion check points and implement any required corrective action in order to drive installation performance to Best Demonstrated Practice Model.
- Implement customer and Company requirements for quality, performance reliability and passenger safety for each project under his/her supervision.
- Implement EEO/AA requirement consistent with Region and/or State and Federal requirements.
- Support sales staff in estimating service orders, scheduling and executing orders, and investigating and resolving customer complaints.
- Manage ongoing program of project audit so as to assure conformance of performance standards of quality, completeness and safety.
- Develop and implement program of manpower selection, training and performance appraisal essential to productivity and quality improvement objectives.
- Implement route management strategy in support of assuring uniform application of preventive maintenance procedures while controlling manpower to minimum level.
- Develop spirit of teamwork and dedication to quality improvement among all employees.
- Evaluate and initiate requests for tooling where such tooling would support productivity improvement.
- Maintain and manage pro-active relationships with local IUEC business agent.
- Advise Region management of competitor activity as related to pricing, performance and manpower.
- Required level of education to perform the essential functions including any specialized education requirements, licenses and/or certificates.
- Must have a minimum high school education. Minimum three to five years experience in installation and service of elevators/escalators. Minimum of one year as lead mechanic to demonstrate leadership ability.
- Minimum work experience required including any specific job related experience and years of experience, which would serve as acceptable pre-requisites.
- Requires a working knowledge of elevators and escalators to manage and direct field personnel to meet Region goals.
- Must have ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing and have proven leadership skills
- Required knowledge of softwares and/or any programs to be used including the level of expertise. (SAP, Lotus, Microsoft Office)
- Nature and complexity of problems required to be solved, and the level of analysis, independent judgment, and planning required to be used.
- The Field Superintendent must have the necessary skills and experience to interpret customer concerns then mobilize the necessary internal resources in a way that customer satisfaction is assured while cost and
- Human Resources disruption is minimized. The field Superintendent must be able to make sound judgments as related to motivation, training and work assignments for all employees within his/her responsibility, while, at the same time, adjusting manpower to a minimum level and meeting and/or exceeding customer requirements.
Additional Skills: (i.e., communication, project management, leadership, etc.)
- Must be able to teach the hourly employees the Company’s methods of quality, productivity and safety. He/she must be able to persuade the hourly field to follow practices and procedures that will foster teamwork and improve quality and productivity. Field Supt. Must be able to communicate with and influence business agents, inspectors, etc., in resolving disputes. He/she must be able to demonstrate to customers that they are receiving fair value for their expenditures.
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, Tennessee, and Arizona, with locations in: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.