Our East Texas/Northern Louisiana oil and gas client is looking to hire a Field Geologist to join their team.
Responsible for the interpretation of geological and geophysical data associated with the exploration and development of oil and gas prospects.
– Identifies and determines the effectiveness of new business initiatives. Develops and maintains related records for potential well sites. Defines project scopes in accordance with reservoir engineering principles, and geologic and production data.
– Analyzes undeveloped reserves including value reporting for potential acquisitions of undeveloped acreage for future drilling prospects and financial reporting requirements.
– Collects, reviews and processes geophysical data for project areas. Assists in exploring survey areas, and creates drilling prognosis for each well by conducting pre-drill well engineering. Integrates findings to business plans and recommends appropriate modifications.
– Assists and observes drilling operations including the location of drill targets and site preparation. Examines samples and conducts analysis of well effectiveness. Identifies potential hazards and recommends adjustments necessary to successful and economically sound operations.
– Assists in the preparation of period-end and production reporting including evaluations and prospect reporting for fiscal requirements and budget preparation, and the creation and maintenance of structural and pipeline maps.
– Assists the production department in troubleshooting problem wells and adhering to regulatory requirements including permitting activity.
– Approves and processes invoices for payment.
– Participates in production meetings and completes required paperwork according to company procedures and regulatory requirements.
– Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
– Performs other related duties as required.
– Bachelor’s degree in Geology or related field.
– AAPG certification/state certification
– A minimum of 3 to 5 years related work experience.
– Tight gas and/or unconventional gas experience preferred.
– GXX experience preferred.
– Previous mapping experience.
– Developed knowledge of oil and gas production.
– Developed knowledge of geological exploration techniques and geochemical sampling.
– Working knowledge of company accounting procedures and basic accounting practices.
– Well developed analytical and problem solving abilities
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, which include locations in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.