Our Northwest Houston, TX client is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer.
The engineer is an exempt position, which performs both semi-skilled and skilled duties. This person is responsible for creating product designs and/or developing sample product to meet pre-qualified specifications. Under the supervision of the company General Manager (GM) the engineer uses technical descriptions, sketches and verbal direction to develop, design or draft actual or conceptual product. On a daily basis the Engineer will use knowledge of material qualities and properties, material standards, industrial processes and manufacturing procedures to complete this job. The assignments are project and/or product specific and will be measured on an effort by effort basis. This person would best be an experienced process engineer with a strong electrical background, or vice versa, but not limited to either of these disciplines. Experience with the design and manufacture of fluid pump systems would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics to include skidded pump packages.
- Industrial electrical design experience with knowledge of NEC.
- Knowledge of ASME, ANSI, ISO and CSA standards.
- CAD/CAM: Auto Cad & Pro-Engineer (Parametric) experience.
- Excellent interpersonal – verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to participate as a team member.
- Review or interpretation of engineering plans provided by others to determine correct component orientation and material lists for incorporation produced product.
- Analyze plans and diagrams provided by customers to determine compatibility of designs or specifications. Inputs to internal customers to provide comment for manufacturing or construction activities to include or meet designs.
- Draw rough sketches or arranges finished drawings or designs to illustrate specified materials or component assembly sequence into an overall design.
- Maintain the master written specification file for all emergency shower and eyewash components and assemblies.
- Work closely with Product Management, Customer Service and Engineering Department members to translate product and customer requirements into technical specifications and conceptual designs.
- Works with New Product Development Team to ensure that products are designed for reliability, ease of manufacturability and are of superior quality.
- Team with appropriate members to have technical documents, manuals, bulletins, brochures, publications, training manuals and special reports created and accessible to company members.
- Research product design, capabilities, and compatibility ranges as required and directed by the GM.
- Research industry standards, governmental regulations, certifications and certifying bodies as designated by GM ensuring that specified products are designed, produced and tested to appropriate standards, and that they meet target market and customer expectations.
- Review various resources and prepares analysis or summaries.
- Participate in meetings as required with various managers and vendors to ensure that specifications are clearly defined and understood before commencement of production runs of new products.
- As needed and designated by the GM support the need for, and completion of, 3rd party product and process testing and approval.
- Supports the New Product Development Team with 1st article inspection when assigned by GM.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or as required and assigned by the GM.
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, which include locations in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.