Our Stafford, TX client is seeking a Mechanical Engineer. The ideal candidates should have some maturity, stability and excellent communication skills. Looking for long term position based in the Stafford area, but willing to travel domestic and international as needed by the company.
- Provide technical support for mechanical questions brought to the engineering department for the support of new equipment sales, development of technical equipment specifications, project management and service. Technical support for existing customers as well as technical interaction with the Factory required.
- Conduct investigations on component failures or reported failures. Investigations may require traveling to the site for inspection and gathering of evidence and facts, and formulating the proper sequence of events. Other investigations may be conducted from the office in order to find solutions to questions and problems presented.
- From time to time investigations will be conducted at client’s contracted repair shop in Gregory, Texas located 200 miles south of Houston and near Corpus Christi. Normally, these investigations will pertain to the failure of a major component. Witnessing the disassembly of failed components (sometimes in the presence of the customer) will require pictures and a written report. Due to the fact that customers are often present the successful applicant must also have a basic commercial understanding of this kind of situation.
- Various assignments will include the generation of reports and presentations for the purposes of sales, service and customer support pertaining to the US market, markets in other countries, or sister companies worldwide. This includes countries such as Holland, UK, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, China and others.
- Maintain company’s vibration reading database. This includes analysis of all incoming readings deemed as abnormal by field technicians. Deliver analysis feedback to Engineering and Service, and develop written reports of analysis when necessary.
- Provide training to customers and service technicians on mechanical aspects of the equipment. Initial training will be provided in the field and at the factory in Holland. Follow-up training and constant communication with the factory will be necessary in order to stay updated with changing designs.
- Work deals with rotating and high voltage equipment, safety is the primary policy of the company. Personal protective equipment is mandatory for all field work or visits. Monitoring and reporting of mechanical safety hazards will be expected as a task assigned to the Application Mechanical Engineer.
- The Engineering Manager may assign other tasks to the Application Mechanical Engineer as deemed necessary.
- B.S.M.E. required.
- 5 years experience in the field of Applied Mechanics.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- High attention to detail.
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, Tennessee, and Arizona, with locations in: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, Nashville, and Phoenix.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.