Our Irving, TX client is seeking a medical billing and coding professional with Radiology or Oncology experience. This position will be responsible for the submission and reimbursement of claims, as well as collecting, posting and managing account payments with little supervision.
- Expert with billing concepts, practices and procedures.
- 5+ years experience in billing within a fast paced setting such as a hospital setting or specialty office setting.
- Preferred billing experience in radiology or oncology specialties.
- Prepares and electronically submits clean claims to various insurance companies.
- Reviews billing reports, confirmations, and tracks daily claims activity.
- Responsible for knowing and following assigned plans’ guidelines, pre-certification requirements and procedures for filing and appealing claims.
- Maintain working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid programs and plans.
- Implement appropriate billing policy procedures and procedures for all billing activities including follow-up on third-party approvals and collection of overdue patient accounts.
- Maintains up-to-date expertise and knowledge of healthcare billing laws, rules, regulations and developments.
- Responsible for analyzing and acting from pre-bill worksheets for respective plans, reviewing and correcting errors before daily submission.
- Processes payments from insurance companies and prepares daily deposits.
- Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing problems.
- Responsible for the generation and distribution of pre-bills of assigned plan(s), electronic filing, paper filing and confirmation on an “as needed” basis.
- Prepare and maintain reports on billing and collection activities.
- Maintains accurate aging reports.
- Reconcile A/R.
- Identify and execute the necessary process adjustments.
- Proficiently use CPT and ICD-9 reference documentation.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, and vendors.
- Excellent knowledge of healthcare billing procedures, documentation and standards.
- Ability to make sound and evaluative judgments; strong organizational, problems solving and analytical skills.
- Understand contractual payment/reimbursement guidelines to ensure maximum reimbursement.
- Working knowledge of coding to include: ability to apply modifiers when appropriate, bundle and unbundled codes, multiple procedures.
- Understand documentation requirements for insurance reimbursement or medical necessity.
- Complete understanding of billing based on chief complaint
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access); expert in Microsoft Excel; excellent with spreadsheet and medical billing software applications.
- Multi-tasker who possess strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous medical office experience specifically geared towards billing and coding in the radiology arena.
- Working knowledge of appropriate billing and payment cycles for medical accounts.
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, which location in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.