Our Galleria area client has an immediate need for a Contract Level II – IT Service Engineer.
The IT Service Engineer reports to the IT Service Delivery Manager and will be primarily responsible for the problem resolution and maintenance of Windows Server 2003/2008 hardware, operating system and application issues. Additionally, the IT Service Engineer will have the ability to build, understand, and troubleshoot basic network configurations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide technical support service by identifying and resolving technical problems for end users by email, phone, or by travel to Client site.
- Work independently or with team members to resolve user support issues.
- Bring user issues to full resolution in a timely manner in accordance with contract Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Document all details regarding each user’s problem as well as the resolution in the ticketing system.
- Configure, assemble, and support server hardware (HP, Dell, SuperMicro), including troubleshooting to identify hardware responsible for failures.
- Installation, configuration and administration & maintenance of all aspects of Windows 2003/2008 Operating Systems, including Active Directory, Terminal Services, Exchange Server, MSSQL Server, Permissions/Security, peripherals, and server-based applications.
- Install (on-site) workstations, servers, printers, accessories, network gear, operating systems, and applications
- Route tickets to the next level of support or management where additional skill sets are required to complete troubleshooting.
- Create knowledgebase articles to explain common problems and recommended solutions.
- Customer friendly attitude, patience and pleasant with difficult and frustrated users
- Strong written communication skills for updating tickets
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in high-pressure situations
- Ability to follow, without exception, written and verbal instructions from users and management
- Ability to make quick, logically sound decisions based on user needs, environment capabilities, and technical knowledge
- Extensive experience installing, supporting, troubleshooting and recovering server hardware issues
- Intermediate or Advanced knowledge of Windows Server components such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Hands-on experience installing, supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2003-2010
- Firm understanding of the flow of email over the Internet
- Extensive experience installing, supporting and troubleshooting Enterprise backup systems on Windows Servers such as Symantec BackupExec, Microsoft Data Protection Management
- Familiarity with functionality of and ability to install and configure printers, scanners, cameras
- Working knowledge of common SmartPhones functionality (iPhone, BlackBerry, Android) in an enterprise environment
- Experience with Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop (VMware experience desirable)
- Working knowledge of Cisco routing, switching, and firewalling to provide basic network troubleshooting
- Commitment to excellence, integrity, results and professionalism
- 3+ years supporting Windows servers; service desk experience desired
- Post secondary technical education
- Microsoft Certified Professional (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Certification desirable)
- Valid Driver License
- Willingness to attend position-related seminars, classes and testing to complete certification
- Ability to speak, pronounce, and communicate clearly in English to users at all levels
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds, bend and use hands in a repetitious motion for at least 8 hours per day
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, Tennessee, and Arizona, with locations in: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, Nashville and Phoenix.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.