Our Southwest Houston, TX client is seeking a contract Payroll Compliance Administrator.
– Plans, organizes, and reviews postings or other recording of special programs to employee earnings or deductions. Performs tasks to maintain employee payroll records for special compliance payments, income or deductions. Runs uploads into payroll and coordinates with payroll specialists for timely pay of special items.
– Ensures pay practices comply with Wage & Hour regulations; reviews new pay programs to ensure compliance, make recommendations where needed.
– Conducts investigations to resolve issues or complaints and monitor compliance.
– Cooperates with local, state, and federal governmental units, other organizations, and other company departments in resolving issues.
– Administers specific programs such as Stock Options, Restricted Stock, Benefits in Kind, special Expatriate Compensation, Vehicles, Relocation, Educational Reimbursement, and Workers Compensation.
– Processes approved payments, deductions, taxable benefits, such as Educational Reimbursements, Relocation payments, Workers’ Compensation, Stock, Vehicles, Benefits in Kind.
– Balances and reconciles inputs and outputs; researches and resolves out of balance situations.
– Adjusts employee records for errors or other adjustments.
– Prepares Accounts Payable check requests for remittances to Unions, Credit Union, etc.
– Ensures that appropriate approvals have been received prior to employee record maintenance, employee payments, vendor payments, or transmission of data such as Direct Deposit or Positive Pay to outside parties.
– Researches uncashed checks after expiration of valid dates.
– Monitor unclaimed checks for state Escheat compliance.
– Assists with compliance issues when acquisitions or divestiture occur.
– Runs analytical reports as needed.
Maintains SOX documentation.
– Cross-trains and backs up the following functions:
– Wage Attachments/Garnishment set-up and ensures remittances to agencies are timely and accurate.
– Submits Direct Deposit files and Positive Pay files to banks following finalization of pays.
– Tax balancing, deposits through Ceridian, enrolling in new jurisdictions, quarterly and annual reconciliations and reporting.
– Other back-up as needed.
– Large company (6000 + employees) experience
– Experience using Oracle software applications (Payroll, Human Resources
– Payroll expert, CPP preferred, knowledgeable in tax compliance, Wage & hour compliance, SOX requirements, taxable benefits.
– Experience in monitoring compliance with legislation and company policies relative to payroll.
– Ability to work in team situations and ability to plan and execute individual assignments.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills.
– Highly analytical with problem solving skills.
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, which include locations in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.