Our Portland, OR client is seeking a Procurement Support Engineer.
SUMMARY: Interacts with suppliers on quality and delivery to meet business needs and issues proactively. Understand supplier’s products in quality, delivery, monitor and communicate. Create and maintain required data in SAP. Ensures that necessary items meet PO requirements before leaving vendor for delivery.
• Daily interaction and communication with suppliers to insure quality processes, delivery schedules of equipment and documentation are met. Prevent delivery issues.
• Resolve delivery issues of software submittals and hardware.
• Regularly visit supplier factories and sub-suppliers to ensure quality and timeliness and ensure timely progress reports
• Issue visit reports of said visits and update SAP
• Work with QA to communicate quality problems with vendors and oversee timely disposition and processing of rejected parts
• Ensure that Motors, Turbines, Gears and Systems meet PO requirements before the units leave the sub vendor factory.
• Monitor and improve vendor delivery performance using SAP reports to consolidate issues across Region NAM
• Conduct Kickoff meetings and pre-inspection meetings as required
• Accompany customer reps to sub vendors plants as appropriate
• Assist advance procurement with vendor capacities.
• Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide EHS Management System which includes following all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures. Supports and cooperates in company-wide Quality Management effort.
• Adheres to company and department policies, procedures, and standards
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required.
• Three years experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment required.
• Excellent oral, written communications skills and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational, planning skills.
• Proactive individual with strong focus on continuous improvement and LEAN concepts.
• Proficiency in MS Office and MRP, knowledge and experience with SAP preferred.
• Must have ability to multitask and solve problems.
• Willing to travel domestic and internationally 60% of the time or as business need dictate.
• Bilingual English-Spanish preferred.
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, Tennessee, and Arizona, with locations in: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, Nashville, and Phoenix.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.