Our East Texas client has an immediate opening for a Quotations Specialist to be located in the Longview, TX area.
Gather swift market intelligence to ensure effective pricing decisions on all bids. Must sift through information and contact key decision-makers to make judgment calls on pricing. Must analyze trends of quote performance to help manage our distributor loyalty and access to market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES, include the following:
- Enhance product sales and margins by assisting in intelligent price decisions.
- Make judgment decisions based on the best available information
- Analysis of quote performance by customer, industry type and territory
- Quote follow-up to gain closure on all open quotes
- Maintain quote tracking software package
- The contact person for all pricing issues
- Help coach manufacturing reps through pricing decisions. Gain “buy-in” by sharing information and gaining mutual commitment to decisions.
- Research information on customers and develop contacts in the market
- Responsible for identification, documentation, segregation, evaluation, and disposition of non-conforming products, services, or systems
- All Department processes and procedures documented and the appropriate individual(s) trained and cross-trained as necessary
- Responsible for adherence and knowledge of all ISO processes, procedures, flowcharts, and quality policy
- Responsible for driving Self-Managed Performance (SMP) program through organization through self-motivation, initiative, and participation OTHER FUNCTIONS
- Performs other duties as required
- Corrosion College faculty participant
Cross Training in other work centers as needed for the business.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma mandatory
• BS or BA College degree in Sales and Marketing or Business related
• 1-2 years experience in direct customer contact and issue resolution
• Familiar with MRPII a plus
• Sales experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Experience researching and resolving issues
• Experience making decisions using analytical processes
• MSOffice Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint – Intermediate proficiency
• Reasoning & Ability
• Problem solving and Issue Resolution
• Professional verbal communication skills
• Customer Service and Sales Effectiveness
• Technical Support Skills
• Communication and Expressiveness
• Time Management, Dependability and Reliability
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, balance and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, climb, reach, lift and perform repetitive motion. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push, lift, and feel. This position is primary a sedentary job requiring the employee to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
The job requires visual acuity at close range to perform activities such as preparing and entering data, viewing a computer terminal, determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear in order to receive and relay detailed information.
The noise level in the work environment is regularly quiet and on occasion loud for short intervals. The employee is normally protected from environmental conditions; however exposed occasionally to hazards such as mechanical parts, moving vehicles / equipment and chemicals.
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, Tennessee, and Arizona, with locations in: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, Nashville and Phoenix.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.