Our Downtown Houston, TX client is seeking a Sr. Application Specialist. This person will be responsible for providing user support, and computer program design and development for the Endur/gMotion Energy Trading and Risk Management system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with customers, Information Services staff, project team members; identifies user requirements, assesses available technologies, recommends solution options, and facilitates transition; ensures successful implementation and support of projects. Provides technical guidance to less senior staff.
- Collects and analyzes business requirements for projects; performs feasibility studies; translates requirements into appropriate designs.
- Provides programming expertise; analyzes designs, develops, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains, and implements technology systems.
- Provides application support expertise; troubleshoots and diagnoses technical issues with software and data; identifies root cause effect; monitors, responds and resolves issues.
- Anticipates and identifies obstacles/issues that put project at risk; implements corrective action.
- Contributes to the development of architectural standards, established methodologies, and practices.
Position Requirements :
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
3-5 years progressive IS experience in business application design, development, installation, enhancement.
- Openlink AVS scripting experience required.
Proficient in Desktop Office Suite.
Knowledge of relevant technology.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Ability to understand and explain new and complex technical concepts in common language.
Ability to identify problems and potential solutions for complex problems and/or applications with recommendation of best solution.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Previsous .Net or C# experience.
Utility industry experience preferred.
Experience/knowledge on assigned applications and technologies preferred.
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, Tennessee, and Arizona, with locations in: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, Nashville, and Phoenix.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.