Our Freeport, TX client is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer.
Responsible for assisting the Environmental Department in matters related to environmental permitting, compliance monitoring, reporting, and auditing aspects of the plant operations. Provides technical assistance to the Environmental department in evaluating current environmental permits and operations. Provides assistance in developing permit modification applications and ensuring all regulatory requirements are addressed. Conducts facility audits and coordinates implementation of corrective measures. Obtains, organizes, and maintains compliance records & ensures compliance with applicable regulations in air, waster and solid waste areas.
- Provides support to the EHS department in day to day plant operations.-
- Provides assistance in preparing and maintaining environmental permits for the plant operations.
- Provide assistance to the EHS department in conducting weekly environmental compliance and safety audits of facility. The environmental audits must cover compliance topics under air, water and waste disciplines. Communicates deficiencies to the plant personnel and follows up on implementation of corrective measures.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading accident investigations relative to non-compliant events. Responsible for communicating the action items and tracking progress. Responsible for reporting non-compliance notifications to the appropriate agencies and for maintaining the required documentation and records.
- Develops and maintains a system for tracking actions and corrective measures.
- EMS & ISO 14001: Responsible for conducting EMS Steering Committee meetings, documenting the meeting mins, distributing the revisions to Aspects and Impacts. Responsible for working with the Production and Maintenance departments in developing EMPs to address significant A&Is.
- Coordinates with plant personnel in collecting compliance records in accordance with the permits. Organizes and maintains compliance records in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Coordinates compliance sampling in accordance with environmental permits. Provides direction in collecting multimedia sampling, preparing COCs and coordinates with external labs
- Provides assistance in establishing and tracking sustainable development key indicators.
- Provides assistance in developing various environmental & safety reports to the state and federal agencies.
- Oversees field projects to ensure all environmental and safety protocols are followed.
- Prepares and monitors waste minimization and reduction plans.
- Coordinates with process engineers on any changes to equipment design or operational procedures.
- Other environmental & safety duties may be assigned.
- Serves as the Company’s representative to insure Quality Control and Safety during projects related to environment and safety.
- Interacts with all departments in coordinating projects and in compliance assurance.
- Works in writing PR’s for Environmental related expenses. Checks invoices and processes them for payment with assistance from admin personnel. Maintains PO and project cost database to track env budget costs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Civil/Environmental Engineering or Chemical Engineering; MS Preferred with 4 to 5 years of.
- 10+ years of industry work experience involving air, water and waste disciplines.
- Working Knowledge of pertinent state and federal regulations for environmental and safety, including but not limited to RCRA, CERCLA, 30 TAC, OSHA, etc.
- Must have excellent verbal & written communication skills, strong planning, and organizational abilities to manage the Environmental Department records..
- Must have excellent working knowledge in software tools at a minimum, but not limited to: MS Word, and Excel, MS Access.
- Must have working knowledge of Environmental Management Systems, ISO 14001.
- Must have working knowledge in compliance auditing.
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, which location in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.