Our Cambridge, MA client is in need of a Senior Field Engineer – with Oil & Gas Experience for a Direct Hire opportunity.
Position requires heavy travel globally.
Primary Position Purpose:
To lead deployment teams and achieve client satisfaction in system preparation and installations for both permanent and temporary purposes of Fiber Optic Distributed Acoustic Sensor system.
1. To plan and organize logistics, system, and equipment for system installations designated by OD or PM, and to make recommendations regarding selection and termination of company personnel or contractors necessary for system installation teams.
2. The production of build and deployment drawing packs to company standards and the ensuing build and demonstration of the system at Factory Acceptance Test.
3. To frequently lead and supervise deployment team (comprising both internal and external personnel) on global assignments achieving successful completion of System/Site Acceptance Test (permanent system) / System Test (demonstration).
4. To produce high quality reports (video / media rich documentation / presentations) of field trials / system installations.
5. To assist with prospect conversion and act as field sales force and primary point of contact to clients during installations, exhibitions, conferences.
6. To deliver to client satisfaction technical training on the use of the system to end users, administrators and maintainers.
7. To assist in the system bidding process by producing technical content of bids.
8. To resolve appointed client problems and queries via the company fault reporting system.
9. To liaise with product development team to provide customer and operational feedback on software features, functionality and suggested improvements.
10. To ensure all works are carried out within the bounds of tight Health & Safety practices expected within the Oil & Gas Community.
11. The development and upkeep of system documentation such as manuals, procedures, guides, system specifications etc.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
Education and Experience:
Electrical Engineering or Physics degree
2-3 years of experience in oil and gas industry
Ability to work flexibly – frequently undertaking global deployments often at short notice
Works tenaciously to solve problems whilst under pressure
Planning and organizational abilities
Thinking with a Customer Focus
Self-assured and confident in dealing with customers
Works Under Own Initiative
The ability to plan, manage and execute installations of technical equipment in remote, global locations with limited support
The presentation of technical systems in a client focused way both directly and within a formal presentation environment
Problem solving compute, network and leading technology based technical installations
Highly computer literate – adaptable to a range of applications – bespoke GIS based software, Visio/CAD computer management, multimedia, as well as office applications
Able to design and document clearly within a controlled quality system the architecture of multi component systems
Single Mode Fiber optic fusion splicing
Ability to design and build distributed computer networks
Knowledge of SDH protocols for fiber based data transmission
Technical writing (bid content, technical documents, manuals etc)
Thorough understanding of the Physics of acoustics and fiber optics
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas (Arlington, Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston Galleria, Lewisville, West Houston, San Antonio, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands), Tennessee (Nashville and Brentwood), and Arizona (Phoenix and Scottsdale).
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.