Our Southeast Houston, TX client is seeking a contract to possible hire Accounts Payable Supervisor.
Assist Accounts Payable Manager in overseeing the responsibilities of the Accounts Payable department.
Take the lead in going one step further to ensure that all duties are completed. Lead A/P Clerks by example by sharing knowledge and expertise.
Be as self motivator that can effectively communicate and provide Accounts Payable services remotely from a central office. Detail orientations with analytic capabilities are required to properly provide oversight and control to the payables functions. Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and understanding of Sarbanes Oxley. Possess the ability to analyze processes for identification of opportunities to streamline procedures, provide superior service and contain costs.
- Accomplish accounts payable human resource objectives by orienting, training, and coaching team members. Adhering to and ensuring team member adherence to policies and procedures.
- Meet accounts payable operational standards by contributing accounts payable information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Pay invoices by verifying invoice coding; verifying transactions; scheduling disbursements; obtaining authorization of payments according to the Delegation of Authority.
- Resolve account discrepancies by evaluating and approving investigations; resolving special cases; authorizing stop-payments.
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Problem solve and troubleshoot in support of the A/P Clerks. This position also requires training new team members and continues to educate current team members.
- Big picture thinker that will be proactive when it comes to deadlines and heading off potential problems.
Daily duties may include:
- Printing and voiding A/P checks.
- Provide support and is a back-up function for duties performed by the A/P Manager.
- Review invoices, looking for legitimacy, accurate coding, appropriate approval, and to ensure that the correct amount is paid.
- Code and batch invoices when appropriate.
- Enter invoices into the A/P software system, audit work output.
- Respond timely to telephone inquiries from vendors, branch offices, or HQ about invoice payment and coding.
- Research accounts with vendors, looking for over or under payments. Using the filing system, imaged document retrieval spreadsheets, etc. to complete these projects.
- Prioritize processing of invoices requiring immediate attention, including, but not limited to, utilities, expense reports, customer refunds, and phone bills, fuel, etc.
- Participate in the screening of new hire candidates.
- Process recurring invoices for payment
- Coordinate imaging and record retention activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Problem Solving and Resolution of Invoices
- Effectively communicate invoice issues with operations staff (purchasing, receiving, quality, executive assistants, etc.)
- Assist in coordination of efforts to resolve issues accurately with staff or operations.
- Coordinate weekly check runs
- Manage special projects
- Provide Oversight for Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and gaining efficiency to increase productivity of department and assist in their implementation.
- Continuously analyze costs and provide suggestions for potential savings
- Provide Quality Control oversight on inputs
- Review Invoice Registers and Review Check Registers
- Resolve more complicated invoice processing issues encountered by team members
- Adhere to Month End closing schedules
- Manage national supplier accounts and purchasing programs (P Cards, consolidated bills, etc.)
- Oversee supplier maintenance / obtaining W-9’s
- Assist staff as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma with 10 years of accounts payable experience (or) Associate’s Degree with 6 years of accounts payable experience (or) Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of accounts payable experience.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and its relation to payables.
- Industry experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Office
- Intermediate Excel
- Fluency with Outlook
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, Tennessee, and Arizona, with locations in: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, Nashville, and Phoenix.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.