Our Brentwood, TN healthcare client is looking for a Director of Business Development.
- This Director of Business Development supports the organization’s growth strategy by isolating markets and identifying opportunities where the company could add value to the community and enhance the quality of care. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development and works closely with members of the executive team to execute long-term growth opportunities through acquisitions of small to medium sized hospitals across the United States. This role requires a highly collaborative and professional demeanor and a thorough understanding of the healthcare industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifying, researching and prioritizing acquisition targets according to the best fit for the organization (opportunity, capabilities, culture, size, segment, focus, etc.), producing a strategic review, market map and evaluation of the potential opportunities.
- Follow up on all necessary contacts to determine viability of the lead and make appropriate connections with all relevant parties.
- Coordinate the structuring, negotiation, and due diligence of the transaction process, identifying and resolving concerns with other functional leaders to facilitate a well executed transaction.
- Work with the functional leaders to ensure legal compliance, timely decisions, and continued momentum in the transaction process.
- Identification and communication of all post-closing obligations to the appropriate parties.
- Document and maintain support for all actions taken in relationship to target identification and valuation, negotiation efforts and successful transactions, as well as creating and refining a Mergers and Acquisitions process that leverages lessons learned through strategic transactions and successive integrations.
- Ensure appropriate follow up and record keeping of all potential acquisition targets and their status.
- Coordinate communications and interactions between the parties as needed. This includes but is not limited to arranging meetings, calls, travel, coordinating schedules, maintaining calendars, communicating changes and developing presentations.
- 25% – 30% domestic travel in this role
- Strong knowledge of healthcare industry, including the market in general, business trends, and competitive relationships within the business
- Solid financial and analytic skills along with the ability to identify and evaluate risks related to transactions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative approach to reaching objectives. Confident, persuasive, and proficient in networking and interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Highly professional communication techniques, effectively integrating and managing the interface between groups
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal direction, while continuing to execute an effective communication strategy
- Creative thinker with the tenacity and drive to achieve desired results by providing proactive recommendations and solutions
- Goal-oriented individual with excellent time management and organizational skills
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years experience in healthcare field
- 1-5 years experience working with acquisition or special project teams
- Bachelors Degree in healthcare or business related field. Masters preferred.
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, Tennessee, and Arizona, with locations in: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, Nashville, and Phoenix.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.