Our Dallas, TX client is seeking an IT Administrator for their dual practice law office.
Responsible for application and desktop training and support issues involving new users and end users. LAN/WAN troubleshooting and system support in the Dallas, Houston and Georgetown offices. Provide project management skills and work on firm-wide projects. Create, edit and maintain multiple MSSQL, Sybase and MS Access databases. Configure and manipulate MS Active Directory, Users, Policies and Groups. Maintain and review network wide backups and Disaster Recovery systems. Actively negotiate, review and approve/disapprove 3rd party vendor contracts and invoices. Maintain hardware for servers, workstations and notebooks.
Maintain and understand patches and updates. Maintain and configure Digital phone Switch with PRI and VoIP interfaces. Maintain and configure BES servers and Blackberry devices on multiple carriers.
* Work closely with attorneys and staff to ensure high quality services
* Provide support and training for all users on a regular basis, following firm guidelines, policies and procedures
* Multi task, organize, and prioritize on-the-fly
* Take ownership of network stability and performance
* Ensuring data integrity, security and confidentiality
* Easily translate users’ terms and ideas into real terms and actual concepts
* Speak to users within their technical level
* On call 24/7, available by pager and phone
* Rare, but occasional out of town travel
* Minimum of 10 years IT experience in a technical support role
* Minimum of 2 years experience handling large technical projects such a software rollouts, upgrades and integrations, as a project manager
* Extensive experience supporting Windows operating systems, Exchange and SQL Servers, Active Directory and WSUS
* Extensive experience with Vertias Backup Exec
* Extensive experience with document scanning and imaging, PDF, TIFF and JPEG properties and conversion
* Solid understanding of multiple JOINS, Table maintenance, Index maintenance and DTS services in MSSQL
* Ability to manipulate SQL based reports, understanding fields and field relations
* Experience with VBScript, and Access Database Reports
* Extensive experience with Citrix Metaframe and Presentation Server
* Solid understanding of Shadow Copy and ability torecover/restore files
* Experience in software training and support
* Demonstrated success interacting effectively with computer end-users, co-workers, vendors and others in a constructive, positive manner
* Strong knowledge of Document Management systems like OpenText
* Experience with Microsoft Servers 2000 and 2003
* Experience with Windows registry, services and process dependencies
* Some knowledge of roaming profiles
* Knowledge of SAN systems, preferably netApp
* Experience with TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and WINS
* Experience with WLAN and Wireless Broadband devices and routers
* Experience with network administration, such as Cisco LAN/WAN, Cisco routers and switches and Cisco PIX firewalls, and multiple network protocols and packet routing
* Experience with Ghost or other disk imaging software for updates and roll-out of workstation images
* Extensive experience with filters and prevention of SPAM, viruses and Trojans. Network outbreak detection/prevention, workstation isolation and repair
* Experience with computer support in the legal field or law firm
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with RealLegal Binder, ProLaw, LawBase, Needles, Print Servers, MFP/Copiers
* Some understanding of video formats and Sanctions II
* Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent experience
* Two years or more experience in software training
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, which include locations in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.