Our Galleria area client has an immediate need for a Network Support – IT Service Engineer – Level I.
The IT Service Engineer reports to the IT Service Delivery Manager and will be responsible for the problem resolution of workstation or networking issues, basic server administration, and facilitation of the outstanding user service support experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide technical support service by identifying and resolving technical problems for end users by email, phone, or by travel to Client site.
- Work independently or with team members to resolve user support issues.
- Bring user issues to full resolution in a timely manner in accordance with contract Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Document all details regarding each user’s problem as well as the resolution in the ticketing system.
- Provide instructional and administrative support services to users.
- Initiate calls to Client contacts notifying of automated alarms, known issues, network maintenance, and on-going problems.
- Install (on-site) workstations, servers, printers, accessories, network gear, operating systems, and applications
- Route tickets to the next level of support where additional skill sets are required to complete troubleshooting.
- Create knowledgebase articles to explain common problems and recommended solutions.
- Customer friendly attitude, patience and pleasant with difficult and frustrated users
- Strong written communication skills for updating tickets
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in high-pressure situations
- Ability to follow, without exception, written and verbal instructions from users and management
- Ability to make quick, logically sound decisions based on user needs and technical knowledge
- Basic working knowledge of desktop, laptop, server and network hardware
- Working knowledge of Windows XP, 7 and Windows Server 2008 and 2003
- Intermediate or Advanced knowledge of Office 2003, 2007, and 2010
- Intermediate or Advanced knowledge of malware removal tools and practices
- Familiarity with functionality of and ability to install and configure printers, scanners, cameras
- Working knowledge of common SmartPhones functionality (iPhone, BlackBerry, Android)
- Willingness to work irregular hours and participate in a 24×7 weekly on call rotation
- Passion for excellence, integrity, results, professionalism and enjoyment of working with end users
- 2+ years customer service experience; service desk experience desired
- High School Diploma or GED; Bachelors degree preferred
- Valid Driver License
- Willingness to attend position-related seminars, classes and testing to complete certification
- Ability to speak, pronounce, and communicate clearly in English to users at all levels
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds, bend and use hands in a repetitious motion for at least 8 hours per day
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, Tennessee, and Arizona, with locations in: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, Nashville and Phoenix.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.