Our Downtown Dallas based client is looking for a Senior Application Developer (WPF)
Candidates applying for the Senior Application Developer position must be seasoned professionals in their craft. He/she will need to possess a strong and well-rounded technical acumen and be able to work effectively across multiple projects. Listed below are duties, responsibilities, education, and other skills needed to be seriously considered for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, build, test, and support .NET web-based applications for external-facing sites and back-office systems.
• Write and apply unit / regression tests to all application code and ensure successful coverage.
• Refactor legacy or older code applying industry standard patterns and practices.
• Work with graphics designers and Marketing to ensure UI consistency and customer satisfaction.
• Work with other developers, the QA team, and business support to ensure interface requirements are met.
• Partner with business associates to interpret project requests and derive technical specifications.
• Conduct research and evaluate/analyze developer utilities and application integration platforms.
• Research and diagnose reported application problems and take the appropriate action towards problem resolution.
• Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
• Consult with business partners to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet defined requirements.
• Use custom or packaged systems to benchmark application performance and identify needed optimizations.
• Stay abreast of industry/company activities via seminar, training classes, industry publications, etc.
• Communicate and represent the development team at the highest level of management.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or MIS is preferred.
• Consultative background that spans across several different industries.
• Very proficient in all areas of both the traditional Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodologies.
• 5+ years experience using the VS.NET development environment and C#.
• 2+ years experience using WPF/Silverlight building enterprise web-based business applications.
• Knowledge and experience using IIS, SSL, and Web Security.
• Active member and participant in local .NET user groups and public developer circles.
• Experience working with MVC a huge plus but not required.
• Mobile Device development (iPad, iPhone) a plus but not required.
• Self-motivated with the ability to make solid technical / business decisions with minimal managerial direction.
• Experience wearing several different hats (i.e. BA, Developer, Tester, etc.).
• Multi-task effectively across several different development projects.
Please visit us on the web at www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, Tennessee, and Arizona, with locations in: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.